Saturday, January 25, 2014

Prayer Ponderings

Prayer is on my mind this morning. More specifically, a verse about prayer that I came across during my daily Bible study is plaguing my brain. Hebrews 4:16 is the verse: "So let us come boldly to the throne of our gracious God. There we will receive His mercy, and we will find grace to help us when we need it most."

What does it mean to come boldly to the throne room of God? And how can we combine that with the, "Never stop praying," advice offered in 1 Thessalonians 5:17?

My mind keeps coming back to a video one of my friends shared a few weeks ago. A toddler is singing to an Elvis song, but during her song, she keeps checking on her daddy. You can tell that her daddy is clearly the most important person in her little world. As I watched the video again this morning, I see a child who constantly keeps the line of communication open with her daddy. She does this, not because she wants anything, but because she wants to be reassured that he's still there and listening. You can tell Ella Mae's daddy isn't at all bothered or upset by her random calls out to him, and often answers her. I can't help but wonder if that's how God responds when He hears us calling out to Him, throughout our day, for no reason other than to make sure He's still there.

Makes you wonder, doesn't it?


No comments:

Post a Comment